Thursday, August 1, 2024

Mellow Yellow

 This week some of the Jan's gathered to paint the yellow stripe inside. Up the stairway to heaven and once again we were in the boat. Oh, joy. I feel a song coming on....

Mellow yellow

They call it mellow yellow (Quite rightly)
They call me mellow yellow (Quite rightly)
They call me mellow yellow
Saffron, yeah
I'm just-a mad about her
I'm-a just-a mad about-a saffron
She's just mad about me
They call it mellow yellow (Quite rightly)
They call me mellow yellow (Quite rightly)
They call me mellow yellow
Oh, so yellow...


Maybe that would make more sense if I said Beatles? 
Or had put the first line of the song instead of the last. 
How many of us learned the last phrases of any of the 60-70's songs?

The inside yellow now has two coats. A special thanks to George again for his magnificent taping job.
He makes it so easy. Of course there are more things that need to be painted or sauced or addressed, but transformations, when done properly take time. 








This Jan always follows the rules - as per sign.

Who knew?
The little space behind the cleat - is very narrow. 

Day 2 
The temperature under the clear roof had to be 95 degrees, maybe more. 
The bow was dry before I reached the stern.


But it sure beat sitting in the cool and listening to the latest news on the TV. 
And that's the Verite (aka truth).





No comments:

Post a Comment